Welcome to the ERGuidance web
This documentation is presented to provide Innovation Program Authors and Editors with the resources and guidance needed to develop quality Engineering Reports and related documentation for public release through the OGC process.
To ensure that ERs are consistent in content and style and informative to members who were not Testbed participants.
General items for an intitial review.
- Identify all empty sections. If the section is not needed (it was a placeholder, never completed), then delete. If the content is required, but missing, contact the editors.
- Spelling. Use an editor that highlights spelling errors (such as ATOM). Fix them all.
- Acronyms. All acronyms must be defined the first time they are used. No exceptions. Ever.
- Domain specific "buzzwords." Like acronyms, some users will not understand some domain-specific language (particularly true for the Aviation and Defence domains). Please explain all non-obvious content.
- Voice. All reports should be written in 3rd person. Nothing should say "we."
- Grammar. No incomplete sentences (like this one). Use direct language, not a super big bunch of adjectives (like in this sentence).
- Lists. When using bullet lists, only use a colon (:) at the end of the sentence leading into the bullets if each bullet is a short concept and not a complete sentence. Bullets that are stand-alone sentences are introduced by a stand-alone sentence.