Member Organisation Objectives
A listing of high level objectives that are the motivation behind trasfering Ratings, Gaugings and River Cross Section data (RGS).
This information is an input to the workshop and will be used in helping to determine the scope of a WaterML
2 RGS implmentation
Bureau of Meteorology, Australia
Ratings, Gaugings and Sections - high level objectives.
- Interagency transfer of point based ratings information to enable rating inspection and flow calculation.
- Enable the inspection of ratings tables with reference to relevant gaugings and control cross sections.
- Interagency transfer of dated rating system information - period of application for individual rating tables.
- Description of interpolation between rating points and quality of rating points
- Quality used to describe the quality of the derived flow data in conjunction with the level data quality.
The use of rating shifts is not common practice in Australia, WDTF does not currently accommodate shifts.
- 06 Jun 2012
Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, UK
All points of interest relate to the transfer of rating information principally as QC info in relation to river flow data (rather than for calculating flows)
1. Description of historical quality of rating (time-vaying rating metadata)
2. Description of ratings based on structures (majority of stations in UK are structures with theoretical ratings backed up by gaugings)
3. Description of complex hybrid ratings which are increasingly common (e.g. velocity-area stage-discharge up to certain stage, then velocity-index using side-looking ADCP for high flows)
- 15 Jun 2012