- 20 Jun 2018
Canada Forum Meeting (Soft-Launch)
Fort Collins, Colorado
June 7th, 2018, 1200-1300
- CRIM (Tom Landry)
- Pyxis Global Grid Systems (Perry Peterson)
- IDON (Doug OBrien))
- Ecere (Jerome Jacovella-St-Louis)
- Teledyne Caris (Andy) Esri Canada (Gordon Plunkett)
- Newfoundview (Robert Thomas )
- Compusult (Barry ORourke)
- NRCan (Cameron Wilson and Peter Rushford)
- Various OGC reps
- CAE, (David Graham )
- NOAA office of coast survey, ( Meredith Westington)
- Geosciences Australia, (Matthew Purss)
Main themes of the forum
- Alberta Geospatial Centre , (Jordon Erker)
- Mohawk Council of Kahnawake, (Bradford Dean)
- UNB, (Emmanuel Stefanakis )
- NRCan, (Eric Wright )
- Presagis, (Hermann Brassard)
- Compusult (Mark Lawrence, Jason Macdonald)
- PCI Geomatics ,(Steven Keens)
- NRCan (Yanmei Wu )
1) Recruit active co-chairs
Confirmed and elected volunteers for co-chairs/other volunteer positions
- To support the creation of a platform for Canadian organizations
- To meet and make progress on Canadian issues
- Tom Landry (CRIM).
- Aurelian Constaninescu (CAE)
- Bradford Dean (other volunteer position) GIS manager Mohawk Council of Kahnawake ope
- Cameron Wilson (NRCan)
Hoggarth ( Teledyne CARIS), Considering volunteering for
Discussion of Focal areas
- Formal Forum Launch ( Face to Face) scheduled to coincide with existing events
- CCOG -(Oct) Gordon pointed out the CCOG is a somewhat closed environment
- Two or three coast launch:
- Geomatics Atlantic - Nov 14-16
- Geomatics Alberta - Oct 29-31
- The North ?
- Consensus for quarterly meetings (3 remote, 1 in person ?)
- Focus on outcomes/Value for each sector (e.g. indigenous, Academia, private sector, govt)
- The intent is to figure out what is relevant to each member and how to collaborate for efficiency to lead to a multiplier effect for greater success.
- Work plan need to be issue-based and relevant to current issues/requirements
- Google Drive agreed upon tool for collaboration
Research/Govt Sector Ideas
- Tom: Floods and climate seasons, Smart Cities challenge (runoff in urban areas)
Private Sector Ideas
- Export aspect - capability demonstrators
- Creation of a cloud-based business.
- Innovation for export. Brand ourselves. If we work together, may affect business plans.
- Build interesting stories around smart cities, AI, etc.
- If we could identify the challenges and opportunities within Canada and then the export potential. And plan activities accordingly
University Sector Ideas
- Capacity building materials with universities and smaller communities.
- Canadian General Standards Board process broken ( Doug( and ISO TC211, the Canada Forum could act as representatives to fix the problem
Next Step (s) :
Schedule Co-chair kick-off meeting (Taylor).